- Created: Tuesday, 17 February 2015 01:45
Job Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Job Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia
About this job:
Avum is seeking an experienced Data Analyst who is able to provide analytical support to Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Supply Chains for the Strategic Material Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management Programs. This position requires an ability to extract and perform analysis from large data sets from various systems, including DLA's EBS Business Warehouse, DLA Fusion Center and E-Procurement as well as Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS). Must perform AD-Hoc data pulls and reporting utilizing DLA systems and provide analysis for various areas including; DLA and LTC obligations, SSA/SCA acquisitions, agency price changes, and SSA/SCA performance metrics. It is important that the candidate provide subject matter expertise for data requests from J7 organizations, DoD entities, and Federal organizations. Also required is the ability to work independently and with government agencies to maintain automated databases and reports, utilize data visualization tools, provide training and support documentation, and maintain a central repository of documents. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
This position is for a Sr. Data Analyst position preferably located in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass a background investigation.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be asked to assist in all phases of the development life-cycle for DLA technology landscape projects, including requirements analysis, design/architecture, development, prototyping, documentation, training, and post-delivery maintenance and support. In this position, you would:
- Assist in extraction and analysis from various procurement data systems.
- Provide analytical support to HQ DLA and DLA Supply Chains for the Strategic Sourcing programs.
- Visually communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics through dashboards and reports to be used by DLA leadership to make informed business decisions.
- Assist in preparing data analysis and briefing packages for the DLA Acquisition Chief of Programs for Agency Performance Reviews, monthly SS Video Teleconferences, Defense Contractor Review List Reviews, Big Ideas Program updates, Strategic Sourcing Leadership Council meetings and others as assigned.
- Draw out requirements and translate users' needs into technical requirements.
- Perform research and analysis in the DLA technology landscape.
Required Skills and Abilities:
This position requires 3-5+ years of experience in supply chain data analysis, with a background in federal procurement data systems along with as much of the following experience as possible:
- Use of DoD business intelligence frameworks and tools, such as FPDS-NG.
- Ability to build and maintain Oracle & Microsoft Access databases to support the mission.
- Ability to provide in-depth knowledge transfer and training sessions.
- An innate ability to communicate effectively with technical, operational, and management audiences with broad and varied backgrounds.
- Ability to provide thoughtful leadership for project analyses and process improvement activities.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) and data visualization via dashboards and various tools.
- Skilled in gathering requirements, creating the application/reports, creating automation scripts, and ETL processes.
- Ability to simplify data displayed while maintaining its meaning and avoiding a cluttered view with unnecessary, distracting, or invaluable information.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
DLA's EBS Business Warehouse, DLA Fusion Center and E-Procurement as well as Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS)
Place of Performance:
The primary place of performance shall be in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Bachelor or Master's degree highly desirable.
Commensurate with experience. Position is full time, salaried, with benefits.
Avum Inc. is a small, industry-leading engineering business that has been successfully providing advanced systems and IT solutions to its DoD and commercial customers for over 20 years. Its expertise is in process streamlining and re-engineering, application design, development and implementation, information assurance, intelligent agent cyber security, and large-scale database sustainment in mission-critical and secure environments. Through results-driven, agile collaboration, the company continually researches and deploys secure solutions that exceed customer expectations in meeting or beating customer-allocated budgets and schedules. We aspire to the highest standards of ethical behavior and professional integrity in providing our customers with service that consistently earns us the highest possible performance ratings.