- Created: Tuesday, 06 May 2014 21:59
Job Title: Web Database Application Developer
Job Location: Agoura Hills, CA
About this job:
We are looking for an entry level web-based database application developer with one to two years of experience to join our talented team of software engineers and developers. The position requires the employee to work full time, collaboratively with other developers on tasks employing the use of Visual Basic, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and C#.
The candidate must have experience building database applications using Microsoft SQL Server. In addition to performing development tasks, you will need to mitigate any issues that arise with the application and virtual environments, providing supporting documentation as needed. If not already held, candidate should have the ability to acquire a DoD secret/confidential security clearance.
Avum is looking for a talented web-based database application developer, preferably one that has recently finished school. Candidates must be willing to travel and have the desire to learn required skills on the job. Avum provides a unique opportunity for new developers, as Avum believes strongly in providing an environment that fosters on-site, collaborative learning. This position is for a software engineering and development position in Agoura Hills, California.
Tasks & Preferred Skills:
- Significant experience performing software development using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework or nHibernate ORM
- Ability to work collaboratively with other developers, as well as stay on task independently to meet client expectations and project needs
- Ability to access and address quality assurance issues with applications
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Experience using Microsoft IIS 6.0 and 7.x
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 & 2008
- Experience using Visual Studio 2005 & 2010
- Experience using Crystal Reports (preferred not required)
- Experience using Business Objects XI (preferred not required)
- Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) (preferred not required)
Education/Work Experience: Bachelor of Science in computer science, information technology or a related field.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens. Security clearances, secret level or higher, are desired, or the ability to obtain.
Place of Performance: The primary place of performance shall be in Agoura, California.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience. Position is full time, and is salaried, with benefits.
To send an application, click here. Be sure to read the 'Application Instructions' section after you click the link.